The Bank of Somaliland was mandated to operate as a central bank as well as a commercial bank. However, since its inception the central bank functions are limited. Mostly the bank provides commercial and treasury services and in a nutshell following are the services it provides:
- – Printing the national currency
- – Deposit of Government Treasury
- – Opening Accounts to the private customers and government employees
- – Licensing the private banks, remittances and money exchange agents
- -Supervises financial institutions such as: commercial Banks, remittance and exchange dealers
- – Fighting against inflation
- – Participation of national budget preparation.